Witches' Cavern: MacBeth's Second Visit
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 9 inches (14.3 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- capes | cavern | drama | figure study | literary theme | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | theater | witches | women
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Witches' Cavern: MacBeth's Second Visit, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.