IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, French, Neoclassical Revival frame, 2nd and 3rd quarters of 18th century
French, Neoclassical Revival frame
- 2nd and 3rd quarters of 18th century
- Wood and compo, original water gilding
- Frame: 20 1/2 × 23 1/2 inches (52.1 × 59.7 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: Neoclassical Revival | frame status: Contemporary | frame quality: Good | frame ornament: Guilloche moulding on back edge; piastre moulding on top edge; fluted frieze with acanthus leaf corners; pearls; lotus leaf sight edge | frame cross-section: Concave with frieze | frame alteration: probably
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.