Wolgemuth Rescuing the Shipwrecked off the Cape of Good Hope
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 1/2 x 8 3/4 inches (14 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "199"; upper right: "Nov. 95 | 304"; in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Salvage or [...]"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- historical subject | horse (animal) | sea | shipwreck
- Associated Places:
- Cape of Good Hope | South Africa
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Wolgemuth Rescuing the Shipwrecked off the Cape of Good Hope, 1793