Wolgemuth Rescuing the Shipwrecked off the Cape of Good Hope
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 8 3/4 inches (14 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "199"; upper right: "Nov. 95 | 304"; in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Salvage or [...]"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- historical subject | sea | shipwreck
- Associated Places:
- Cape of Good Hope | South Africa
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Alex Kidson, George Romney : a complete catalogue of his paintings, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, v. 3, p. 832, NJ18.R65 A12 +K54 2015 v.1-3 (YCBA)