IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, The Banquet Scene, ca. 1792
The Banquet Scene
- Additional Title(s):
Hall in the Palace: 'Macbeth', Act III, Scene IV
- Part Of:
- ca. 1792
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 8 3/16 inches (14 x 20.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "751B"; upper right: "218"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bench | cloak | dress | figure study | ghosts | literary theme | Macbeth, Act III, Scene IV | men | plays by William Shakespeare | The Tragedy of Macbeth | theater | women
- Associated People:
- Lady Macbeth (character in Macbeth)
Macbeth (character in The Tragedy of Macbeth)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Shakespeare and British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-04-23 - 1981-07-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.