- The Banquet Scene
- ca. 1792
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 8 3/16 inches (14 x 20.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "751B"; upper right: "218"
Collector's mark: "GRomney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bench | cloak | dress | figure study | ghosts | literary theme | Macbeth, Act III, Scene IV | men | plays by William Shakespeare | The Tragedy of Macbeth | theater | women
- Associated People:
- Lady Macbeth (character in Macbeth)
Macbeth (character in The Tragedy of Macbeth)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, The Banquet Scene, ca. 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.