IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Witches' Cavern: MacBeth's Second Visit, undated
Witches' Cavern: MacBeth's Second Visit
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 8 5/8 inches (14.3 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "635"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cavern | literary theme | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | plays by William Shakespeare | theater | witches
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.