IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, John Singleton Copley, between 1804 and 1814
John Singleton Copley
- between 1804 and 1814
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper pasted on contemporary mount made of medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Mount: 10 3/8 x 7 15/16 inches (26.4 x 20.2 cm), Sheet: 10 1/2 x 8 1/8 inches (26.7 x 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "John Singleton Copley"; on mount, lower left: "57275 #1 10152AO"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jules D. Prown, Yale MA (HON.) 1971
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | collar | cravat | man | portrait | profile (figure) | ruffle | tie-wig
- Associated People:
- Copley, John Singleton, Baron Lyndhurst (1772 - 1863), Lord Chancellor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.