- John Singleton Copley
- between 1804 and 1814
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper pasted on contemporary mount made of medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Mount: 10 3/8 x 7 15/16 inches (26.4 x 20.2 cm) and Sheet: 10 1/2 x 8 1/8 inches (26.7 x 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "John Singleton Copley"; on mount, lower left: "57275 #1 10152AO"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jules D. Prown, M.A.H. 1971
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | collar | cravat | man | portrait | profile (figure) | ruffle | tie-wig
- Associated People:
- Copley, John Singleton, Baron Lyndhurst (1772 - 1863), Lord Chancellor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, John Singleton Copley, between 1804 and 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.