Howard Visiting a Prison
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 6 1/2 inches (12.7 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "687"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- correctional institution | dark | historical subject | prison | sublime
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Howard Visiting a Prison, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.