IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Howard Visiting a Prison, undated
Howard Visiting a Prison
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 6 1/8 inches (11.4 x 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Howard: Prison Scene"; on verso in graphite, upper center: "4973 Howard visiting prison"; lower right: "497"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | correctional institution | dark | historical subject | prison
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.