- between 1749 and 1802
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 7 1/4 inches (12.1 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "693"; lower center: "Nov 1793"; lower left: "693"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- correctional institution | genre subject | jail | prison
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Deanna Petherbridge, The primacy of drawing : histories and theories of practice, , Yale University Press, New Haven, 2010, p. 35, pl. 10, NC53 P48 2010 + (YCBA)