IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Reg Butler, 1913–1981, British, Lithograph from a Collection of 14, 1952-1954, 1954
Lithograph from a Collection of 14, 1952-1954
- Former Title(s):
A Collection of 14 lithographs, 1952-54
- Additional Title(s):
Head of a bull
- Part Of:
- Lithograph on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 11 15/16 inches (40 x 30.4 cm), Image: 14 9/16 x 10 7/16 inches (37 x 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite in artist's hand, lower left below image: "[?1/1]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "[?Q]" (cut off at edge of sheet)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right below image: "Butler 54"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of Reg Butler
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | animal art | beams | bull | cow | eyes | fear | head | horizon line | horns | monochrome | mouth | screaming | shadow | violence
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.