- Additional Title(s):
Etched thoughts of the Etching Club
- ca. 1844
- Etching, touched proof on thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 × 8 11/16 inches (29.3 × 22 cm) and Plate: 6 1/8 × 4 5/16 inches (15.5 × 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back: "1/6"
Lettered, lower center within image: "Etching Club"
Signed "CW Cope", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift in memory of Margaret F. Kruse by her Family. Mark W. Rowland, Yale 1992
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles West Cope, 1811–1890, British, Meditation, ca. 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.