- Portrait of a Man, called Edward Gibbon
- Red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper bound in carta fiorentina
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 6 1/2 inches (22.2 x 16.5 cm) and Spine: 8 7/8 inches (22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Maybe [ ... ]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | portrait
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Patch, 1725–1782, British, Portrait of a Man, called Edward Gibbon, 1760s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.