Draft of Correspondence to William Hoar Esq., Bath
- Part Of:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, bound in vellum
- Spine: 7 5/8 inches (19.4 cm) and Sheet: 7 3/8 x 5 1/8 inches (18.7 x 13 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink inside front cover, center: "Notes and sketches by | Alexander Cozens, | my great grandfather. J.Y."; inside back cover in graphite, upper left: "Peggy Quere"; in graphite and red chalk, center: "2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | forum | Grand Tour | ruins | sketches | trees
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Rome
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Cozens, 1717–1786, British, Draft of Correspondence to William Hoar Esq., Bath, 1746
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.