- The Temptation of Christ
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 6 7/8 inches (12.1 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "[...]"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dark | religious and mythological subject | temptation
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Suzanne E. May, " Sublime and infernal reveries " : George Romney and the creation of an eighteenth-century history painter, Thesis (Ph.D.) -- John Moores University, Liverpool, 2007 , British Thesis Service, Boston Spa, Wetherby, April 2007, v. 1, p. 197, v.2, fig. 201, NJ18.R65 M39 2007A OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, The Temptation of Christ, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.