The Transfiguration, from Lorenzo Ghiberti's Baptistery Doors, Florence
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and black ink, pen and brown ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper bound in vellum
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 6 inches (21.9 x 15.2 cm) and Spine: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and ink: "The Transfiguration from the same Gate | Ghiberti"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Naomi Billingsley, The visionary art of William Blake: Christianity, Romanticism and the Pictorial Imagination, I.B. Tauris, London ; New York, p. 117, fig. 28, NJ18.B57 B55 2018 (LC) (YCBA)
Eckart Marchand, Flaxman: The Yale Sketchbook, Sketchbook Used by John Flaxman During His Stay in Italy (1787-94) Containing Sketches from Florence and Rome, Dated 4 November 1787 , vol. 72, 2010, pp. 119-85, figs. 1-87, N12 W35 A1 72 + (YCBA)