The Expulsion of the Money Changers, from Lorenzo Ghiberti's Baptistery Doors, Florence
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and black ink, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper bound in vellum
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 6 inches (21.9 x 15.2 cm) and Spine: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and ink: "Our Saviour driving the buyers, sellers | & money changers out of the Temple | Ghiberti"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Eckart Marchand, Flaxman: The Yale Sketchbook, Sketchbook Used by John Flaxman During His Stay in Italy (1787-94) Containing Sketches from Florence and Rome, Dated 4 November 1787 , vol. 72, 2010, pp. 119-85, figs. 1-87, N12 W35 A1 72 + (YCBA)