- Pen and brown ink and brown wash on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 7 3/4 × 5 1/8 inches (19.7 × 13 cm) and Sheet: 7 1/4 × 4 3/4 inches (18.4 × 12.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "22"; upper center: "By John White Abbot"; lower left: "J.W.A."; lower right encircled: "9"; lower right: "31428HL | 31428HL"
Signed in black ink lower left: "A.C. | JWA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Elizabeth S. Robinson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | genre subject | landscape | men
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John White Abbott, 1763–1851, British, Classical Composition, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.