- Classical Composition
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 7 3/4 × 5 1/8 inches (19.7 × 13 cm) and Sheet: 7 1/4 × 4 3/4 inches (18.4 × 12.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "22"; upper center: "By John White Abbot"; lower left: "J.W.A."; lower right encircled: "9"; lower right: "31428HL | 31428HL"
Signed in black ink lower left: "A.C. | JWA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Elizabeth S. Robinson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | genre subject | landscape | men
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John White Abbott, 1763–1851, British, Classical Composition, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.