Temptation of Christ
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fake, Longus Pastoral Scene, Daphnis and Chloe
- Graphite; verso: gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 7 3/4 inches (14 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "[...]"; in graphite lower right: "515"
Collector's mark: "George Romney"; collector's mark: "G Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | religious and mythological subject | temptation
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.