IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Devils for the Temptation of Christ, undated
Devils for the Temptation of Christ
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fake, Landscape with Trees
- Graphite; verso: gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 7 1/2 inches (13.7 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "632"; on verso in graphite, upper left: "[...] | 631"; upper right: "[...] D.C.-"; lower right: "631"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- devil | figure study | religious and mythological subject | temptation
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.