Sketch for Howard Scene
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fake, Park Landscape with Trees
- Graphite; verso: gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches (12.1 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "820"; lower center: "Nov 1795"; lower right: "[...]"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Sketch for Howard Scene, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.