Besuto (Lesotho) Bride, 1941
- 1941, printed 1993
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm), Image: 11 × 14 3/4 inches (27.9 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink on verso, lower left:"98Y. Constance Stuart Larrabee 1941 LESOTHO WOMAN___BRIDE OR___LESOTHO BRIDE"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink on verso, lower left: "Constance Stuart Larrabee 1941"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Besuto (Lesotho) Bride, 1941, 1941, printed 1993
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.