Newton and the Prism
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fake, Woman in Wood
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink; verso: gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 7 3/8 inches (14.3 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "784"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "784"; lower right: "784"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | historical subject | prism
- Associated People:
- Newton, Sir Isaac (1642–1727), natural philosopher and mathematician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.