- Ndebele Woman, near Pretoria, 1947
- 1947, printed 1993
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm) and Image: 15 1/2 × 14 7/8 inches (39.4 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower left: "NDEBELE MOTHER +CHILD | 1947"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Constance Stuart Larrabee"; dated on verso in graphite: "1947"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Ndebele Woman, near Pretoria, 1947, 1947, printed 1993
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.