Blind Basuto(Lesotho) Miner and his dog, 1947
- 1947, printed 1993
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm) and 15 1/2 × 14 7/8 inches (39.4 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower right: "Constance Stuart Larrabee." Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower left: "BLIND | BASUTO + HIS DOG-1947"
Signed in black ink, lower right: "Constance Stuart Larrabee"; dated on verso in graphite, lower left: "1947"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blind (people) | dog (animal) | genre subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Blind Basuto(Lesotho) Miner and his dog, 1947, 1947, printed 1993