Reading the BIble, Johannesburg, 1947
- 1947, printed 1984
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm) and Image: 12 × 12 inches (30.5 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower left: "READING THE BIBLE. JOHANNESBURG 1947 | Constance Stuart Larrabee © 1984"
Signed and dated in graphite on verso, lower left: "Constance Stuart Larrabee © 1984"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Reading the BIble, Johannesburg, 1947, 1947, printed 1984
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.