- Elenzileni School for the Blind, 1948
- 1948, printed 1983
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm) and Image: 16 3/8 × 14 5/8 inches (41.6 × 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink on verso, lower left: "Constance Stuart Larrabee | 94 Ezenzileni School for Blind 1948"
Signed in black ink on verso, lower left: "Constance Stuart Larrabee | ...............1948"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Martina Droth, Britain in the world: Highlights from the Yale Center for British Art in honor of Amy Meyers, Yale University Press, New Haven, London, p. 149, p. 151 (detail), N6761 .Y33 2019 (LC) (YCBA)
Constance Stuart Larrabee, Constance Stuart Larrabee: time exposure, New Haven, CT, p. 45, cat. 80, TR647 L36 1995 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Elenzileni School for the Blind, 1948, 1948, printed 1983
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.