Zulu in a Tribal Dress
- 1949 printed, 1993
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm), Image: 12 7/8 × 12 inches (32.7 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower left:" ZULU WARRIOR 1949 | Constance Stuart Larrabee ©"
Signed and dated in graphite on verso lower left: "1949 | Constance Stuart Larrabee ©"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Zulu in a Tribal Dress, 1949 printed, 1993
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.