Zulu in a Tribal Dress
- 1949 printed, 1993
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm) and Image: 12 7/8 × 12 inches (32.7 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower left:" ZULU WARRIOR 1949 | Constance Stuart Larrabee ©"
Signed and dated in graphite on verso lower left: "1949 | Constance Stuart Larrabee ©"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Zulu in a Tribal Dress, 1949 printed, 1993
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.