Umzimkulu Valley, Transkei, 1949
- 1949. printed 1993
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm) and Image: 12 1/2 × 12 inches (31.8 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower left: "UMZIMKULU VALLEY 1949 | TRANSKEI S. AFRICA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hut | landscape | sky | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Africa | South Africa | Transkei | Umzimkulu
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Umzimkulu Valley, Transkei, 1949, 1949. printed 1993
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.