Cloaked Figure Leaping
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fake, Head of Prospero
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite; verso: gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches (19.7 x 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "g6 Head of Prospero | (Shakespear, The Tempest"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure | figure study | genre subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Cloaked Figure Leaping, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.