Alan Paton in the Natal Mountains, 1988
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm) and 13 3/8 × 12 7/8 inches (34 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "Constance Stuart Larrabee". Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower left: "LAST PHOTO OF ALAN PATON, AUTHOR OF, 'CRY THE BELOVED COUNTRY"
Signed in black ink, lower right: "Constance Stuart Larrabee"; dated in graphite on verso, lower left: "March 1988"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Alan Paton in the Natal Mountains, 1988, 1988