Initiation of a Rustic Nymph
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fake, Infant Shakespeare
- Graphite and gray wash; verso: brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (14.6 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "496"; on verso in pen and blue ink, upper center: "Infant Shakespear, not "Old Maids" as believed in [...] No 98 [...] 1789-N: C's[...] 73/43 (12) | 496"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | initiation | nymphs | religious and mythological subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Initiation of a Rustic Nymph, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.