- Major Thomas Pearson
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 x 4 inches (16.8 x 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "320"; on verso in graphite, upper center: "Major Pierson"; lower left: "320"; lower right: "320"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | man | standing
- Associated People:
- Pearson , Thomas (1740–1781), East India Company Major
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Alex Kidson, George Romney : a complete catalogue of his paintings, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, v. 2, p. 453, NJ18.R65 A12 +K54 2015 v.1-3 (YCBA)
Smith College Museum of Art, The drawings of George Romney ; an exhibition held from May to September 1962 at the Smith College Museum of Art , Northampton, Mass., Northampton, MA, 1962, cat. no. 1, pl. X, NJ18 R65 S46
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Major Thomas Pearson, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.