IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Reclining Nude, undated
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Woman Seated on the Ground: Two Studies
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 18 inches (26.7 x 45.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "1081"; lower right: "1081"
Watermark; circular collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | child | children | figure study | mother | nude | reclining | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Smith College Museum of Art, The drawings of George Romney ; an exhibition held from May to September 1962 at the Smith College Museum of Art , Northampton, Mass., Northampton, MA, 1962, cat. no. 3, NJ18 R65 S46 [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.