- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 × 37 inches (40.6 × 94 cm) and Image: 12 1/2 × 34 1/4 inches (31.8 × 87 cm)
Inscribed by engraver 'Unfinished trial proof.'Horae Serenae' after the painting by Sir Edward Poynter PRA'.
Lettered inside image, lower left: "18 EJP 95"; lettered lower center: "Issued October 1st. 1896 by the Art Union of London, 112 Strand, Copyright Regestered."; lower left: "F Goulding, Printer, London, W."
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Edward J. Poynter"; in graphite lower right: "James Dobie"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald and Julie Reid
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | loggia | musical instruments | peacock
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Dobie, 1849–1911, British, Horae Serenae, 1896
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.