- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 × 37 inches (40.6 × 94 cm), Image: 12 1/2 × 34 1/4 inches (31.8 × 87 cm)
Inscribed by engraver 'Unfinished trial proof.'Horae Serenae' after the painting by Sir Edward Poynter PRA'.
Lettered inside image, lower left: "18 EJP 95"; lettered lower center: "Issued October 1st. 1896 by the Art Union of London, 112 Strand, Copyright Regestered."; lower left: "F Goulding, Printer, London, W."
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Edward J. Poynter"; in graphite lower right: "James Dobie"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald and Julie Reid
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | loggia | musical instruments | peacock
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Dobie, 1849–1911, British, Horae Serenae, 1896
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.