Apollo and Diana for "The Destruction of Niobe's Children"
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketches for "The Destruction of Niobe's Children"
- Brown ink and graphite on medium moderately textured beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 20 5/8 inches (32.1 x 52.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Apollo and Diana kill Niobe's children | arrows | children | destruction | Greek | heroine | legend | murder | religious and mythological subject | suffering | Suffering, misfortune of Niobe
- Associated Places:
- Boeotia | Greece | Thebes | Voíótía
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Smith College Museum of Art, The drawings of George Romney ; an exhibition held from May to September 1962 at the Smith College Museum of Art , Northampton, Mass., Northampton, MA, 1962, cat. no. 38, NJ18 R65 S46 [ORBIS]