- The Indian Woman
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 x 2 3/8 inches (11.1 x 6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "379"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | Indian | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Alex Kidson, George Romney : a complete catalogue of his paintings, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, v. 3, p. 773, NJ18.R65 A12 +K54 2015 v.1-3 (YCBA)
Smith College Museum of Art, The drawings of George Romney ; an exhibition held from May to September 1962 at the Smith College Museum of Art , Northampton, Mass., Northampton, MA, 1962, cat. no. 78, pl. XIX, NJ18 R65 S46
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, The Indian Woman, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.