- Prison Scene
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 x 6 1/2 inches (9.5 x 16.5 cm)
Watermark; collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- correctional institution | genre subject | prison
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Smith College Museum of Art, The drawings of George Romney ; an exhibition held from May to September 1962 at the Smith College Museum of Art , Northampton, Mass., Northampton, MA, 1962, cat. no. 86, NJ18 R65 S46
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Prison Scene, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.