- The Two Friends
- Brown wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 11 1/2 inches (36.5 x 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "300"; on verso in graphite, lower right: "140"
Collector's mark: "George Romney"; collector's mark: "GRomney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | men
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Smith College Museum of Art, The drawings of George Romney ; an exhibition held from May to September 1962 at the Smith College Museum of Art , Northampton, Mass., Northampton, MA, 1962, cat. no. 100, NJ18 R65 S46
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, The Two Friends, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.