- Emma Hamilton as Calypso
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 5 1/2 inches (23.5 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: " 'Emma' 1750 | J.R."; lower right: "740"; on verso in graphite, upper left: "740"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark on verso: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- portrait | woman
- Associated People:
- Hamilton, Emma, Lady Hamilton (bap. 1765, d. 1815), social celebrity and artist's model
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Unknown artist, twentieth century, Emma Hamilton as Calypso, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.