Infant Shakespeare, wih Comedy and Tragedy
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Scene in Hell
- Brown wash and graphite; verso: graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 5/8 x 9 1/8 inches (14.3 x 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "477"; upper right: "477"; in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Infant Shakespear, Comedy and Tragedy BVC 40 [...] 74/48 (44)"
Collector's mark: "George Romney"; collector's mark on verso: "G Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- comedy | literary theme | religious and mythological subject | tragedy
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Infant Shakespeare, wih Comedy and Tragedy, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.