Sketch for Dance for the Initiation of a Nymph
- Pen and black ink with graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 6 3/8 inches (20 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "126"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper rightt: "126"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"; watermark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dance | figure study | nymph | religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Sketch for Dance for the Initiation of a Nymph, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.