The Landing of Columbus
- Watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 6 1/4 × 8 1/2 inches (15.9 × 21.6 cm) and Sheet: 5 1/2 × 7 1/2 inches (14 × 19.1 cm)
Label on verso of mount: "The Trumpington Collection | Artist: Joseph M.W. Turner | Title: The Landing of Columbus | Medium: Watercolor painting on paper | Date acquired: 15th October 1968 | Inventory number: T.C.118 | Provenance notes: Believed part of the | Walpole Collection and bought | through Sothebys in 1892"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Anonymous Gift
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- historical subject | landscape | marine art | sailors | ship
- Associated People:
- Columbus, Christopher (ca. 1450–1506, Italian explorer and navigator
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Unknown artist, nineteenth century, The Landing of Columbus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.