On the Killarney Road Leading to Ross Castle, 4 September 1841
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "2"; in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, lower right: "On the Killarney Road | leading to Ross Castle"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Sept 4 1841 | T Hastings."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | hills | landscape | man | people | road | travelers | trees | wall
- Associated Places:
- Ireland | Killarney | Old Kenmare Road | Ross Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, On the Killarney Road Leading to Ross Castle, 4 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.