IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Lord Grey, fifth Earl of Stamford, undated
Lord Grey, fifth Earl of Stamford
- Additional Title(s):
Lord Grey, 5th Earl of Stamford
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (23.5 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, upper right: "5th Earl of Stamford | Lord Grey"
Watermark; oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress | man | portrait | standing
- Associated People:
- George Harry Grey, 5th Earl of Stamford (1 October 1737 – 28 May 1819)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.