O'Donoghue's Prison, 4 September 1841
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Innisfallen Abbey
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "5"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "O'Donoghue's Prison" in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Remains of an Old Romish Chapel / or convent for the Monks & their Ladies | on Innisfallen Island on the lower Killarney Lake "
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Septr. 4, 1841 T Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapel | convent | island | lake | landscape | prison | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Innisfallen Abbey | Innisfallen Island | Ireland | Killarney | Lough Leane (lake)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, O'Donoghue's Prison, 4 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.