The Lower Lake from Lord Kenmare's Ground, Killarney, 4 September 1841
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, upper left to upper right: "Turk Mountain. | Ross Castle | Glena Mountain."; in graphite upper right: "8"; in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, lower center: "The Lower Lake from Lord Kenmare's Ground. Killarney."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | castle | lake | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- Glena Mountain | Innisfallen Island | Ireland | Killarney | Lough Leane (lake) | Ross Castle | Torc Mountain
- Associated People:
- Lord Kenmare
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, The Lower Lake from Lord Kenmare's Ground, Killarney, 4 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.