The Rapids between the Upper and Lower Lakes of Killarney, September 1841
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, lower right: "The Rapids between the Upper & Lower | Lakes of Killarney. -"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, "Sept. 1841 | T Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | hill | lakes | landscape | men | rapids | rocks | trees
- Associated Places:
- Ireland | Killarney | Laune | Old Kenmare Road
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, The Rapids between the Upper and Lower Lakes of Killarney, September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.