IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Commencement of the Rapids Taken from the Bridge, September 1841, 1841
Commencement of the Rapids Taken from the Bridge, September 1841
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Eagle's Nest
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Sketches in Ireland, Killarney and Neighborhood
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm), Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "10"; in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, lower left: "Commencement of | the Rapids taken from the Bridge | looking towards the Upper Killarney Lake. - "
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, lower left: "Sketched Septr. 1841. T Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | landscape | man | mountains | trees | woman
- Associated Places:
- Carrauntoohil | Ireland | Killarney | Laune | Old Weir Bridge | Upper Lake
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.