- Commencement of the Rapids Taken from the Bridge, September 1841
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "10"; in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, lower left: "Commencement of | the Rapids taken from the Bridge | looking towards the Upper Killarney Lake. - "
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, lower left: "Sketched Septr. 1841. T Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | landscape | man | mountains | trees | woman
- Associated Places:
- Carrauntoohil | Ireland | Killarney | Laune | Old Weir Bridge | Upper Lake
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Commencement of the Rapids Taken from the Bridge, September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.