- Lower Lake Killarney, from Lord Kenmare's Grounds, September 1841
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Torc Mountain"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Glena"; in graphite, upper right: "14"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Lower Lake Killarney, from Lord Kenmare's Grounds"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "T Hastings Sept 1841"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cart | cows | horse (animal) | lake | landscape | people | travelers | trees | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Glena Mountain | Ireland | Kenmare Road Tunnel | Killarney | Lough Leane (lake) | Old Kenmare Road | Torc Mountain
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Lower Lake Killarney, from Lord Kenmare's Grounds, September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.