IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, From Above the Tunnel on the Kenmare Road, 4 September 1841, 1841
From Above the Tunnel on the Kenmare Road, 4 September 1841
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Part of the Killarney Lake between the Upper and Lower Lakes
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Sketches in Ireland, Killarney and Neighborhood
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm), Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left to upper right: "[Boys] Hill | upper Lake | crags | Purple | Mountain | 16"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "From above the | Tunnel on | the Kenmare Road"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Sept 4th. 1841 | by T Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | hills | landscape | men | mountains | surveyors
- Associated Places:
- Innisfallen Island | Ireland | Kenmare Road Tunnel | Killarney | Lough Leane (lake) | Mouse Island | Old Kenmare Road | Upper Lake
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.