From Above the Tunnel on the Kenmare Road, 4 September 1841
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Part of the Killarney Lake between the Upper and Lower Lakes
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left to upper right: "[Boys] Hill | upper Lake | crags | Purple | Mountain | 16"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "From above the | Tunnel on | the Kenmare Road"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Sept 4th. 1841 | by T Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | hills | landscape | men | mountains | surveyors
- Associated Places:
- Innisfallen Island | Ireland | Kenmare Road Tunnel | Killarney | Lough Leane (lake) | Mouse Island | Old Kenmare Road | Upper Lake
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, From Above the Tunnel on the Kenmare Road, 4 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.